Diamond Don’s 21st Annual AHRMA
Vintage International Motocross
September 6-10, 2023
Last Revised March 7, 2023
Contact: Melissa Moit, Manager, or Francene DePrez Rainey, Race Director
Phone: Office 866-398-2038 x705 or call or text – Melissa: 903-742-2041; Francene: 903-445-9796
Email: info@DiamondDon.com Website: www.DiamondDon.com
Address for track and overnight shipping: Diamond Don RV Park, 1602 State Hwy 49 East; Jefferson, TX 75657. GPS does not always pick up the correct address, although phone maps and Google Maps seem ok. We may also be listed as Cypress Bayou RV Park. We are one mile from downtown Jefferson. See maps on our website. If you have an overnight delivery, call or text Melissa or email us so that we can arrange to have someone sign for the delivery.
Directions: From Hwy 59, take State Hwy 49 East (also known as Broadway) toward Downtown Jefferson. Move to left lane. At stop sign, turn left onto State Hwy 49 East toward Smithland. Track one mile on right. Signs will be posted.
Please note – these directions take you under a railroad trestle that is 13’7” high. If your rig is taller than this, you will have to take an alternate route to the track. Do not turn on State Hwy 49 East (also known as Broadway). Coming south on Hwy 59 before you come into Jefferson, turn left on Whelan (at the Jefferson ISD sign). Coming north on Hwy 59, turn right on Whelan. Turn right on Cass; cross over the railroad track and turn left on Hwy 49 (St. John Street). Racetrack will be less than a mile on the right. There is a map on the website.
Camping allowed: Yes Do you offer concessions at your event: Yes
Gate Fees: $15 per day, per person, for each day of your stay – Children under 16, free. Primitive camping included in gate fee. Two showers with toilets, dump station and water are offered at the track. There are also five flush toilets at the pavilion, plus porta-potties throughout the park. Plenty of camping sites available first come, first served. RV sites with water and electric are offered to our sponsors and repeat customers from prior year at rate of $50 per night, minimum $200. If you would like an RV site, please text Melissa (903-742-2041) and we will add you to standby list in the order in which your request was received. There will be a $25 charge for each off-road 4-wheel vehicle. This includes golf carts, 4-wheelers, side-by-sides, etc. Each off-road vehicle MUST register at front gate and pay the applicable fee. This does not include motorcycles.
City of Jefferson has instituted new regulations for golf carts and side x sides on public streets. We have special approval for our event to have unregistered golf carts downtown, as long as driver carries proof of insurance and gets an “DDMX EVENT” placard for their vehicle. We will provide these at RV Office. If you don’t have insurance, you can park at the train depot and walk into town. If police stop a driver with no insurance, there may be a $500 fine. Side X sides are not allowed downtown. Leave them at the depot and walk in!
To pre-register for AHRMA events and for class/tech information, go to www.AHRMA.org. Post-entry is available onsite. YOU MUST DISPLAY WRIST BAND AT SIGNUP FOR ALL VENUES.
RV Park always open for camping. Come early or stay late and vacation in Jefferson. Applicable gate fees and RV site rental applies.
Monday, September 4: Gates official open at noon for event. Gates close at 8:00 PM
Tuesday, September 5: Gates open at 10:00 AM; close at 8:00 PM
Wednesday, September 6: Gates open at 8:00 am, locked at midnight.
Golf outing to Cypress Hills in Waskom, Texas, on Wednesday. The course is 1/2 way between Jefferson and Shreveport, off I-20 East, less than 30-minute drive. Meet at Pavilion at 11:00 AM, Registration Fee for fundraiser is $20 and payable at the Pavilion. Everyone will carpool to the course. Four-some scramble. All welcome including local area golfers. Beverages will be provided. Perfect event for that newbie golfer or for more experienced. Bring your clubs or borrow from other golfers. Golf course fee is $33 including golf cart. Fundraiser will benefit Mission 22 Foundation, which provides support to Veterans and their families through a comprehensive approach of outreach, events, and programs promoting long-term wellness. Additional donations welcome. Want to be included? Reach out to John Gott, Golf Chairman. He is on Facebook or can be reached via phone or text at 471-860-3051.
Thursday, September 7: Gates open at 7:00 am, locked at midnight
3rd Annual Dual Sport Adventure Ride, rain or shine – All street legal modern dual sport bikes are welcome.
We suggest yellow lens glasses to transition from sun to shade.
8:00 AM — Meet at Pavilion for breakfast; 8:30 Mandatory Rider’s Meeting; 9:00 AM first bike out. All questions will be answered at the rider’s meeting. No registration fees. This is a fundraiser for Jefferson Adopt-A-Cop to help law enforcement officers in Marion County pay for required equipment that is not paid for by their employer. Your generous donation is appreciated. If you come into the RV Park for the Thursday ride only, there will be no gate fee charge, but you will be required to sign our standard release forms. Big Thank you to Bobby Pickard and Gary Anderson for putting this together. Stay tuned for route information.
2nd Annual Jack Thompson Memorial Tiddler Ride
2:00 PM — Meet in the pavilion for Tiddler Ride Sign-Up and Rider’s Meeting to discuss the 20-mile route on the back roads of Marion County, Texas; First bike out at 2:30 PM. $20 minimum donation to benefit Jefferson Adopt-A-Cop. 100cc and 125cc bikes are welcome. Riders are invited to join the Dual Sport breakfast at the pavilion at 8:00 AM. There will be a drawing after the Tiddler Ride for various contingency prizes. Jack Thompson, co-founder of TVRC (Texas Vintage Racing Club), always wanted to put on a “Tiddler” Ride but never had the chance before he passed a few years ago. His motto was “motocross for the fun of it”. This will be a ride “FOR THE FUN OF IT”. For information, call Joe Joiner, 817-944-1363. Let’s make Jack proud!!
Media Press Party 5:30 – 7:00 pm, in the Pavilion, for local media, legends, sponsors, volunteers, golfers, dual
sport and tiddler riders and invited guests.
Friday, September 8: Gates open 6:00 am; Gates locked at midnight
Sign-up at 8:00 am; start time 9:00 am (over at noon-this is a timed event)
Sign up is near RV Site #22, which is on the shower side of the property near the road to the back of the pavilion.
The Jay Huffman Memorial Trails Modern Support Class, will be running concurrently during AHRMA Trials – this is a post entry race only. You cannot pre-register through AHRMA for the modern support class. You can pre-register for the AHRMA Trials.
Sign-up 9-11:00 am; Rider meeting at noon. Sighting lap, all riders, at 12:30 pm.
Vintage Race at 1:00 pm; Post Vintage race at 3:00 pm
Rhumbar 1:00-4:00 Join us in the Pavilion for great spectator viewing. Rhumbar sponsored by Rocketship
Vintage Racing, Badco Racing Team and Texas 49 Crossing Liquor Store. This event is a fundraiser for
Women Rock, Inc.: Giving Hope, Making a Difference, Defeating Breast Cancer. Bring your money bags! www.womenrockinc.org.
Saturday VMX Sign-up approx. 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
Evening approx. 6:30 – Meet & Greet Fiesta, food and beverages. Sponsored by Joe Alsop, Alsop Plumbing, and Rocketship Vintage Racing. (Private party for racers and family only)
Saturday, September 9: Gates open 6:00 am; Gates locked at midnight
Vintage: Sign-up at 7 am; mandatory rider’s meeting, 8:30; practice at 9:00; racing at 10:00
10:00 Invocation led by Steve Wise; National Anthem sung by Chicago Jerry
“Battle on the Bayou” 100cc sponsored by BA Motorsports and Northwest Maico CZ.
“Texas Thumper Throwdown” XR200 Challenge sponsored by BA Motorsports
(These are not AHRMA races) These are post entry races only. Registration Fee $40 for both days. Moto 1 during intermission on Saturday; Moto 2 during intermission on Sunday. Trophy Presentation 30 minutes after Sunday’s final PVMX results are posted. You must participate in Saturday and Sunday motos for trophy. Proceeds will benefit Jefferson Railway and Wetlands Foundation to support Jefferson youth activities.
PVMX Sign-up after VMX finishes, approx. 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Raffle Drawing for Door Prizes at Trophy Presentation – 30 minutes after final VMX results are posted.
Sunday, September 10: Gates open at 6:00 am
7:30 Church Service: Steve Wise, MotoFellowship.com
Open to the public – Everyone Welcome. Racers and local Jefferson/Marion County residents will enjoy
Steve Wise, Pastor, Steve Wise will go down in history as one of the most multi-talented riders in the history of motorcycle racing. Wise earned the distinction of becoming the only rider in history to win AMA motocross, AMA Supercross and AMA Superbike nationals. Wise twice won the popular ABC Wide World of Sports Superbikes competition in the early 1980s, an event that featured the top motorcycle racers in the world from all disciplines. Moto Fellowship, with Pastor Steve, is a Ministry focused on spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ. As an extension of the Church, Steve continues to travel across the country sharing his faith at racetracks, motorcycle industry events, Churches and other venues.
Sign-up at 7:00 am; mandatory rider’s meeting, 8:30; practice at 9:00; racing at 10:00
10:00 Invocation led by Steve Wise; National Anthem sung by Chicago Jerry
Battle on the Bayou” 100cc sponsored by BA Motorsports and Northwest Maico CZ.
“Texas Thumper Throwdown” XR200 Challenge sponsored by BA Motorsports
(These are not AHRMA races) These are post entry races only. Moto 2 during intermission on Sunday. Trophy Presentation 30 minutes after Sunday’s final PVMX results are posted. You must participate in Saturday and Sunday motos for trophy.
Raffle drawing Raffle includes great prizes from our vendors and sponsors
during Trophy Presentation, 30 minutes after final PVMX results are posted.
Live Auction for great items from our friends, sponsors and legends with proceeds benefitting Jefferson
Adopt-A-Cop and Jefferson Railway and Wetlands Foundation.
Wine-down Party after trophy presentation Food, WINE, fantastic fireworks show and authentic cannon firing dramatic dragon’s breath – stay the night and relax before the trek home. Sponsored by Buddy Lavin, mYcorecontrol; BTW Racing and Auntie Skinner’s.
Other activities and information
- No refund policy: No refunds of race or gate fees.
- 70+ racers: The promoter, Diamond Don Motorsports (DDMX), has the choice of whether to honor AHRMA’s 70+ ride free policy to charge for the race entries. DDMX has made the decision to charge for all 70+ racers. This is a promotor decision made solely by DDMX and is NOT an AHRMA decision.
- AHRMA Rules and regulations: All AHRMA rules, regulations and guidelines apply. See AHRMA Handbook 2023 Rules & Requirements. For more information at www.AHRMA.org
- Trophies: We payout 1/3 of finishers for each race. (If three finishers, 1 trophy. If six finishers, 2 trophies, etc.). Trophy skin designed by Jeff Clark, Badbrush.
- Event T-Shirts: Brad Lackey designed the TShirts and provides them for sale on-site. These always sell out quickly so get to the T-shirt stand early to get yours.
- Raffle: Be sure to get your raffle tickets. One ticket for $5, 5 tickets for $20, and 30 tickets for $100 with sales on site. Proceeds from the raffle sales will benefit Jefferson Railway and Wetlands Foundation to support Jefferson youth activities; Drawing will be held during Sunday evening trophy presentation. You do not have to be present to win but must arrange your own transportation. You must be present to win the other raffle items.
- Live Auction: Great items from our friends, legends and sponsors.
- Jay Huffman Memorial Trials Modern Support Class will be running concurrently during Friday AHRMA Trials. This is a post entry race only. You cannot pre-register through AHRMA.
- “Battle on the Bayou” 100cc and “Texas Thumper Throwdown XR 200” – These are post entry races only. You cannot pre-register through AHRMA. One moto on Saturday and one on Sunday. Must race both motos to receive a trophy. Trophy presentation at end of day on Sunday. Sponsored by BA Motorsports and Northwest Maico CZ.
- We will NOT be running AHRMA Next Gen or Modern motocross at this event.
For lodging, contact Jefferson Tourism Department, 903-665-3733, www.VisitJeffersonTexas.com.
General info and Rules of the Road. Violation of any rules may cause you to be ejected from the track.
v Restricted area: The entire RV Park is a restricted area and subject to rules and regulations as posted. Waivers and minor release forms will be required before entry allowed.
v Spectators or vehicles are not allowed within 15 feet of the racing action. Please observe all posted signs. Enter at your own risk.
v We are not responsible for injury, illness or property damage. Racers MUST provide proof of medical insurance when they sign up for their races,
NO DRONES ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY AT ANY TIME.
v Dogs and children must be controlled at all times. Parents and dog owners are personally liable for injury or property damage. We don’t allow barking dogs on the property. If your dog is a barker, please leave at home.
v Diamond Dons Motorsports reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. No rain checks. No refunds.
v Ice for Sale at the track – provided by Ice Express
- Groceries and Liquor: Brookshire’s Grocery is a full-service store located in Jefferson, on Broadway. Texas Route 49 liquor store is a short ½ mile from the track and is one of our sponsors. Non-ethanol gasoline is available at CEFCO on Hwy 59, Jefferson; and at Valero at the corner of Hwy 59 and Hwy 49.
v Walmart Supercenters: Coming south, there is one in Atlanta, TX about 30 miles from the track. Coming north, the Walmart is in Marshall, about 12 miles from the track.
- Kenny Lau with Awesome Shots will be onsite.
- NOTE: If you damage any water or electric unit, you will immediately be charged a $250 damage fee. WATCH WHERE YOU PARK, ESPECIALLY WHEN BACKING UP!
- NOTE: Due to the large attendance at this event, off-road vehicles can create a safety hazard to our patrons and our property, if not properly monitored. We do allow pit riding at the race as long as the vehicles are driven by responsible adults, they stay on designated roads, and drive at a slow speed. UNSAFE BEHAVIOR will not be tolerated. No off-road vehicles will be allowed on the race track or on trails around the property. All off-road vehicles with more than two wheels must be registered at front gate and there is a $25 fee for each vehicle. This ruling does not apply to motorcycles. The fee goes toward the cost of repairing our roads after the event.
- We do not allow unlicensed drivers on off-road vehicles of any kind. If your child does not have a valid driver’s license, do not bring their vehicles to this event as they will not be allowed to drive any form of off-road vehicle on the property. Driver’s License required for all electric bicycles.
- There is a private road from the RV Park to the Historic Jefferson Train depot in downtown Jefferson. Note new requirements from City of Jefferson: City of Jefferson has instituted new regulations for golf carts and side x sides on public streets. We have special approval for our event to have unregistered golf carts downtown, as long as driver carries proof of insurance and gets an “DDMX EVENT” placard for their vehicle. We will provide these at RV Office. If you don’t have insurance, you can park at the train depot and walk into town. If police stop a driver with no insurance, there may be a $500 fine. Side X sides are not allowed downtown. Leave them at the depot and walk in!
- Lots of Vendors onsite. Concessions available.
- Natural terrain grass track – the course is 40-50 ft wide in many spots to allow passing, Big Air jump, wide-open start; berms, grass track; great spectator viewing
- Historic Jefferson has lots of B&B’s, antiques, specialty shops, restaurants, museums, boat rides, canoes for rent and many other attractions. There is lots of history here so bring the family – everyone will love it and Jefferson is just one mile from the track.
- NOISE CURFEW: 10:00 pm (Music, Loud Talking, Engines, Loud Generators, etc.)